The Haunted Wordsmith nominated me for the Liebster Award’
THANK YOU SO MUCH.
I am relatively new to blogging so imagine my surprise when Crushed Caramel nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award and The Haunted Wordsmith nominated me for the Liebster Award on Monday. To say that I was overwhelmed would be an understatement.
The rules for the Liebster Award are:
- Acknowledge the blogger that gave it to you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random thoughts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination.
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
Eleven Random Thoughts About Myself
1. My favourite brownie is Salted Caramel.
2. I love to read country house murder mysteries.
3. An ardent fan of period movies all my life, I have recently developed a strong preference for action movies e.g. the Mission Impossible movies.
4. I consider pets, especially cats, to be a great source of comfort and joy.
5. Given the option, I would prefer to write on paper than on an electronic device.
6. My concept of a fun family evening is a good movie accompanied by a meal that I have not cooked.
7. Nevertheless I love collecting cook books. (I believe in theory, not practical. Ha ha.)
8. Although not a social butterfly, if I do go out to a party, I thoroughly enjoy myself.
9. I am hopeless at computers, so this blog is a bit of a miracle.
10. I am addicted to tea and even prefer it to coffee.
11. I love to laugh, even when I should be serious.
Here are my answers to the 11 Liebster Award questions:
WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST PET PEEVE?
People who begin by saying, “I’m not one to criticize.” and then continue to do so for the next half hour.
WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR NAME ?
I named my blog after the flavour : Salted Caramel. To begin with, that was my display name too, but now I have added my first name.
IF YOU COULD CHANGE YOUR NAME, WHAT WOULD IT BE ?
It could be “Sugar & Spice” but I don’t want to change it.
WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE T.V. SHOW AS A KID ?
The Bionic Woman starring Farah Fawcett you can see her here — she was the female equivalent of The Six Million Dollar Man.
DO YOU HAVE ANY WEIRD HABITS ?
I sure hope I don’t have any habits that could be counted as downright weird.
Although possessing a good memory for verse,names, facts and figures, I can be absent minded about little everyday things.
I once put a mug full of tea on a shelf in my wardrobe and then went all over the house looking for it. I suppose you could call that weird if you wanted to.
DO YOU LIKE FALL SCENTS/ TASTES?
I love them : especially the fragrance of autumn flowers and of burning leaves.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE HOLIDAY AND WHY ?
The winter break is my favourite holiday, because we usually go away somewhere. The change of scene and change of routine is rather nice.
DO YOU PREFER WRITING IT DOWN OR TYPING IT UP ?
I love to type, but I am much faster at writing : so it’s a toss up really.
CABLE OR NETFLIX ?
I have cable, a digital box and smart T.V. but would like to get Netflix too. I love to watch T.V. when I am blogging, doing household chores or exercising. it forms a nice backdrop for most activities.
IF MONEY DIDN’T MATTER WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH YOUR LIFE ?
I would go on luxury cruises and see the world on luxury holidays.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF ?
I often manage to see the funny side of things and sometimes manage to make others see it too. I count this as a great blessing.
My eleven nominees for the Liebster Award are these wonderful people whose work I admire and enjoy :