Sadje of Keeping It Alive nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award
Thank you Sadje
The Rules are:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
4. Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
5. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award log on your post and /or your blog site.
If you had to choose to be on a reality show, which one would it be?
The only reality shows that I like to watch are the cooking ones like Master Chef or The Great British Bake Off. I wouldn’t like to be on them though as I am a total amateur.
2. If you could change your name, what would it be?
When I was trying to come up with aname for my blog I considered several options. Among them was “Kaleidoscope” but I thought that it was quite a mouthful and not too easy to spell.
Another name that I considered was “Sugar & Spice” but it seemed a tad old-fashioned so I settled for “Salted Caramel” which conveyed almost the same spirit.
So maybe if I changed the name ever, it would be one of these, but right now I am happy with what I have.
3. How long have you been blogging?
Almost a year since I began in January 2018.
4. How frequently do you blog?
As frequently as I can,which is quite variable. If I could manage the time I would probably be posting several times a day. It’s something I want to do all the time.
5. Share the link to a favourite post of yours, why is this your favourite?
It was this post;
I like this one too!
6. Do you check your stats for the countries that have ‘visited’ your blog?
Not particularly. I am just happy that people are reading, liking and commenting on my posts.
7. Which countries are you missing from your WordPress globe and would really like to see filled in on your map?**
No idea. See the last answer!
8. Are you a ‘crafty’ person? (Knit, sew, paint, macrame … ?)
Yes, I am fairly “crafty” though again I can’t spend as much time on them as I like. on them.I have always loved embroidery which I do while catching up on my favouritte T.V, shows. I enjoy knitting but need my mum’s help with the tricky bits.
Sewing and macrame: I have no experience yet;; But who knows, maybe later.
Oh ! And I can do some amateur painting too, still life and abstract type.
(What a great opportunity this is to blow my own trumpet0.
9. Assuming that you celebrate, do you shop in advance for Christmas or do you leave everything to the last minute?
Christmas is not my holiday as I am a Muslim. However on my festival days called Eid, I like to prepare well ahead of time.
Inspite of that some minor thing or the other always crops up at the last minute; man proposes, God disposes!
10. Do you participate in sports?
Not at all, I am completely sedentary. But I love to go for walks at my own sedate pace.
11. Are you a sweet or savoury person?
I am an everything person. I love trying new flavours and cuisines.
1. Do you have a specific blogging niche? Please tell us why you chose it.
If like me you do not have a specific topic please tell us about what kind of posts you like to write.
2. If money and space were not a problem what books would you buy?
2. If Jane Austen was a blogger today what kind of posts do you think she would be writing?
3. Who do you prefer Hercule Poirot or Miss Marple? If you are not into Agatha Christie you can name a favourite character with author please.
5. What is your favourite movie genre ?
6. Growing up were you a fan of Walt Disney?
Are you looking forward to the new Mary Poppins movie on Dec 19th ?
7. What is your blogging inspiration? Do you have a muse?
8. Do you see yourself blogging in two years time?
9. Images give a blog post most of its impact. Do you agree with this statement?
I 0. Had you not started your own blog would you still be writing?
11 Has blogging brought about any changesin your life?