Re-purposing old content can be a lot of fun or it can be a tedious chore. This depends entirely on your outlook and technique.
Some of your old content may be so awesome that you feel the increasing number of your readers should see it. Or maybe some of your old posts did not get the exposure they deserved the first time around.
Here is a checklist of things that you need to remember when you use your old pieces:
1. Preferably use content a year old . Not less than 6 months.
2. Carefully go through it to look for typos and grammatical errors.
3. Check for relevance. Is the issue still important?
4. Update any facts or statistics quoted in the post.
5. Refresh, replace and optimise images
6. Change the format e.g if it is in paragraph form, change it to bullet points or better still turn it into a list article.
I hope you found this list useful. I have written several pieces in response to writing prompts. I now intend to re-purpose and rework them.
Please remember to Like, Comment, Follow.