Spinach is so good for you.
It makes the body strong.
All of us who grew up watching Popeye the Sailorman cartoons know that. For the unitiated, whenever Popeye needed extra strength (usually to fight a bad guy) he would open a can of spinach and swallow it in one go. Then he would flex his muscles and perform super human feats.
I have often wished there were some kind of ” emotional spinach”
It could be in a can or bottle and you could guzzle it whenever you felt depressed or stressed. It would take care of the blues or of any emotional upheaval you were going through, This emotional spinach would make nerves strong enough to take on any kind of stress or anxiety.
Luckily, there are some things in this world that can act as emotional bulwarks for you, strengthening you against whatever life may throw at you. The problem is that sometimes you forget these particularly during the time that you most need them. It is handy to have a list:
- supportive family and friends — if you have these, you have everything covered.
- relaxing hobbies — preferably those you do with your hands like needlework, pottery, carpentry or DIY
- the outdoors — a walk in the park or even a jog around the block.
- good books — or for those who don’t read, good movies.
- execise — physical activity releases endorphins (“feel good’ hormones) in the body
Written for : DAILY ADDICTIONS: JULY 29, 2019–word of the day–spinach