Enough time—the greatest treasure of them all—but so elusive.
All my life I have wished for enough time: to play, enough time to watch TV and enough time to finish my home work. When I was in college, there was never enough time to prepare for an exam, finish an assignment or hang out with friends. Later , as a working mother and post grad student there were so many more demands on my time.
Let’scome back to the question above:
What is it that you feel you never have enough time for?
These days the activity that I want to do much more and that I never have enough time for is……
……..your guess is correct :
There are so many aspects of blogging and ALL of them require time:
1. Posting frequently and consistently — I would love to post far more frequently and consistently than I can at present.
2. Writing a post — i have so many ideas but I can never find enough time to write about all of them. I have yet to experience writer’s block and maybe not having time to write as much as I want is the reason for this.
3. Finding and optimizing images relevant to a post — I love using images in my post. Finding just the right ones can be time consuming. Once you have downloaded them, you need to fill in the URL, Alt Text and title etc. Again, I sometimes don’t use as many images as I would like to in a post for the simple reason that there isn’t enough time.
4. Editing — even when I go over my posts with a fine tooth comb some typo or the other always escapes my notice. Perhaps I need more time for this.
5. Reading posts by otber bloggers — my WordPress reader is full of interesting and useful posts every day. Sadly, there is never enough time to read even half the ones I want to.
6. Comments — whenever I read a blog post, I always want to leave a long-ish comment. Sometimes the writer has asked a question in the post and I would like to answer that. Other times I might like to relate a similar idea or experience as the authors’. But usually there is never enough time for this.
7. Promoting my blog on Social Media — this is something I almost never have time for. Although I have accounts on all the “Big Four” (Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook), I don’t have the time to log into them even once a day.
Now I want to ask all you wonderful bloggers out there how you find enough time to do all you want ?
Please let me know in the comments section below.