Share Your World Meets Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Roger’s Magical, Mystical Questions:
- Many local regions, especially rural areas where I live, have haunted houses. Have you ever spent the night in a house that was supposedly haunted? Anything ‘strange” happen?
I once spent the night in a stately home that was supposed to be haunted. My daughter and I were in one ground floor bedroom while my son was in another one. Had I not had company I would never have been brave enough.The Quidditch Cup (riding broomsticks while chasing a small ball) was a huge sporting event in the land of Hogwarts. What is the largest sporting event (or concert, etc.) that you have ever attended?
The building was a colonial mansion built in the 1930’s in the days of the British Raj. Something dire in the nature of suicide / murder was supposed to have been committed there. The ghost from that gory incident was supposed to haunt the building. I am afraid nothing even remotely exciting happened to us. We slept like logs.
I am very “unsporty” so I have always given sports events a wide berth. Concerts, however, I never pass up. I have even attended one at the Royal Opera House in Vienna. It was indeed memorable.
I was twelve years old (a terribly self conscious age). My morher made me wear a yellow crochet poncho with pom poms to a birthday party. All the other girls wore sophisticated (in my eyes) grown up kind of outfits. You can imagine my mortification when the hostess commented patronizingly that I looked like a flower.
- When you go for a swim, do you prefer an ocean, the seaside lakes, or a pool?
- I don’t swim but all my children do but only in “proper” pools with all the safe guards. I have never let them swim in any natural body of water like a lake or sea etc.
- Ron Weasley received a horrid robe to wear as formal wear to the Christmas dance at Hogwarts. Tell about the most ‘ghastly’ fashion statement that you have ever made.
Muggle Questions (from Melanie):
What is the last song you sang along to?
Singing in the rain, from the movie of the same name starring Gene Kelly.
What was your scariest nightmare about?
I have had lots of scary nightmares. Luckily I don’t remember any specific one.
What food do you crave most often?
Ah…. Cake with my tea. Due to weight and health reasons I don’t have it often.
However I blog about cake often and try to include great images.
What’s your grossest bug story?
Once I found an insect in my cereal. Unfortunately, I saw it only after I added the milk and hence found it swimming in all its glory. Luckily I am not afraid of bugs or mice. Lizards, however, freak me out.
GRATITUDE SECTION (optional as always)
Share Your World – 8-31-2020, a prompt created by Melanie of sparksfromacombustiblemind